DEBORAH HADDIS | ASSOCIATE
Ms. Deborah is an associate at MTA. She mainly focuses on corporate and commercial law, mergers and acquisitions. Deborah has conducted due diligence investigations, provided regulatory opinions and transactional advice in the manufacturing, mining, shipping and logistics, and banking sectors. Deborah has also advised on acquisition deals involving private equity firms, corporate structuring and company incorporation. In addition to this, she handles various institutional publications such as MTA Legal Updates as well as contributions to journals and publications. Deborah works on MTA’s business development and on MTA’s collaboration with ALN.
- 2010 -2015 LLB from Addis Ababa University, Ethiopia
2017 – TO DATE Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates Law Office, Addis Ababa
2018 Secondee, Hogan Lovells, London
2017 Secondee , Webber Wentzel , Johanesburg
2015 - 2017 Junior Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates, Addis Ababa
2011- 2015 Head of Oasis legume Publication and Research Committee, Addis Ababa University, Addis Ababa
2013 Project Assistant, Ethiopian Legal Research Institute, Addis Ababa
2012 – 2015 Project Assistant, Friedrich Ebert Stiftung Foundation, Addis Ababa
2011 Project Assistant, Association for women’s Sanctuary and Development
2011 Project Assistant, African Child Policy Forum
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Commercial & Corporate Law
- Mergers & Acquisition
- Banking and Financial Laws
- Advising on merger and acquisition transactions representing Amaranthe Investment LLC, Zoscales Partners, Wilmar International, Red Sky Holdings
- Limited, China Merchant Holdings, DAL Group, Veris Investments, Poten Environmental Group, Gebeya Inc. and Afrisam Group Proprietary Limited.
- Assisting Deutsche Investitions-und Entwicklungsgesellschaft and European Investment Bank in connection with conducting a legal due diligence report and advise in relation to their potential Investment in an Ethiopian technology company.
- Providing ongoing operational legal advice to Holland Dairy PLC, Senselet Food Processing PLC, Selet Hulling PLC and Boortmalt Ethiopia PLC.
- Facilitating the establishment of a number of foreign and local companies including, OKROS Mining PLC, Ethiopia Education Initiative Ethiopia Branch, Gebeya Media Production PLC, Senselset Food Processing PLC, Creative Associates International and Global One Health project by Ohio State University.
- Acting for David Pieris Motor Company Limited in connection with providing a legal opinion in relation to company incorporation in the manufacturing sector.
- Assisting Consol Holding Property Ltd facilitated the registration of technology transfer agreement.
- Providing legal advise in relation to the banking and finance sector to Oiko Credit, Fintier Payment Limited and ASGB Partners.
- Assisting Heineken SC in relation to establishing holding companies in Ethiopia.
- Carrying out legal researches on Ethiopian investment law for World Bank, LexisNexis, Clyde& Co, and EAVCA.