CORPORATE AND COMMERCIAL
Over the past decade, MTA has assisted a number of clients with corporate and investment advisory services. MTA’s services typically begins by assisting clients understand the Ethiopian legal and investment environment by providing general Ethiopian law related legal memos, opinions and completing jurisdictional questionnaires relevant to the Client’s investment sector. MTA brings its many years of experience and deep local law knowledge to provide clients with realistic and feasible approaches to doing their business in Ethiopia by offering multi-disciplinary expertise in corporate law, investment, taxation, competition, labour and immigration, among others.
Some of the representational clients that MTA has supported in corporate advisory, local presence facilitation and incorporation include:
- Boeing, in relation to its registration, renewals and corporate filings.
- Schlumberger, in its operations in Ethiopia and consideration of establishment of a local subsidiary.
- Deloitte, KPMG and Pricewaterhouse Coppers (PwC) in connection with their operations in Ethiopia and the setting up and restructuring of local presence in Ethiopia for various projects.
- AI Foods PLC., a subsidiary of a Dutch company engaged in the manufacturing of baby food products, in its establishment of a local subsidiary.
- YKK Middle East Sal, a Japanesse company engaged in producing a zipper, snapp & buttons.
- China Energy Engineering Corporation Limited (CEEC), a Chinese state-owned energy conglomerate.
- Wilmar International Limited, a leading Singaporean company, in connection with setting up its local subsidiary and assisting with operational issues including representation in litigation.
- Life ET Research Works PLC, Paradign East Africa Manufacturing PLC, Ice-Addis PLC, Ngines PLC, Zembil Distribution Trading PLC, Gebeya Media Productions PLC, Okros Mining PLC,
- Ethiopian Education Initiative, Global One Health, Girl Effect Trading, Institute for Health Improvement.