EMPLOYMENT AND IMMIGRATION
MTA offers a variety of services to clients in matters relating to employment and immigration. MTA’s services include:
- General advisory on Ethiopian employment law matters, including recruitment of Ethiopian and foreign nationals, restructuring of employees in M & A deals, employee benefits and entitlements, termination of contracts, redundancy and redeployment, pension and insurance schemes and compensation claims.
- Drafting and reviewing employment contracts for managerial, non-managerial employees, temporary and permanent employees,
- Facilitating business visa, work and residence permits for foreign nationals.
- Representing clients in employment related litigations.
- Interfacing with relevant regulatory agencies such as the Ethiopian Investment Commission, the Ministry of Labour and Social Affairs (MOLSA) and the Main Department for Immigration Affairs.
Some of MTA’s experience in employment and immigration matters includes acting for:
- AI Foods PLC., a subsidiary of a Dutch company engaged in the manufacturing of baby food products, in connection with facilitating work and resident permits for foreign employees.
- YKK Middle East Sal, a Japanesse company engaged in producing a zipper, snapp & buttons, in connection in connection with facilitating work and resident permits for foreign employees.
- Girl Effect Trading, a UK based marketing and behavioral branding company, in connection in connection with facilitating work and resident permits for its commercial representative.
- Tetra Tech ES Inc, a US company working on the Power Africa Project, in connection with facilitating a business visa, work and residence permits for their foreign employees.