ICT & TELECOM
MTA has substantial experience advising local and multinational ICT, telecom and tech companies in matters of information technology and telecommunications. MTA’s role include:
- Advising on permissible areas of investment for foreign investors engaged in the ICT & Telecom sector including on value added services.
- Reviewing agreements with the state telecom monopoly Ethio-telecom and other financial institutions.
- Identifying potential regulatory risks for locating hosting services, storing data, providing consumer services using the servers and online platforms.
- Assist in advising on-line, mobile and tech companies on company incorporation in Ethiopia.
- Reviewing privacy and data policies of tech companies.
Some of MTA’s experience assisting clients in the ICT & Telecom sectors include:
- MasterCard, in connection with provision of a push payment service in Ethiopia.
- NEC Africa, in connection with provision of telecom installation services to Ethio-Telecom.
- Africa Internet Group, in connection with local licensing and registration requirements, technology transfer agreements and tax issues in Ethiopia.
- Samsung Africa, in connection with an on-going partnership with Ethio-Telecom.
- Microsoft, in connection with providing geo-hosting assessment survey and hosting data centers in Ethiopia.
- SITA, in connection with its operational arrangements with the Ministry of Transportation and the Airport Administration Enterprise
- Yenepay Technology services, an Ethiopian tech start-up, in connection with its on-line retail service delivery and partnership with local banks.
- BCS Group, a Kenyan tech company, in relation to its investment in value added services with Ethio – telecom.
- Apposit LLC, in connection with its licensing and various agreements with local partners.