YONAS MULATU | ASSOCIATE
Mr. Yonas Mulatu is an Associate at MTA. He focuses on local presence facilitation, company incorporation and liquidation processes. In addition, he is working on real estate and IP sectors.
- 2013 Bachelor of Laws [LLB], Jimma University, Jimma, Ethiopia
- 2018 Started Class for Masters of Laws (L.L.M) in Business Law at AAU
2018 - PRESENT Associate, MTA
2016 – 2018 Junior Associate, Mesfin Tafesse & Associates Law Office
2013 – 2016 Attorney, Genale constructions
- Afan Oromo
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- Real Estate
- Advised on the corporate structuring for Wilmar International Limited to establish a local presence in Ethiopia.
- Assisting the American Bar Association in relation to renewable energy law in Ethiopia.
- Assisting Heineken SC in relation to establishing holding companies in Ethiopia.
- Assisting the Clinton Foundation in relation to implementing a pilot project in Ethiopia.
- Facilitating the incorporation of YKK Middle East Commercial Representative Office, a subsidiary of the Japanese Ziper manufacturer.
- Facilitating the Incorporation of E Cart Technology PLC, a local company focused on online marketing.
- Provided a legal due diligence report on the Scaling Solar Program in Ethiopia developed by IFC as part of the World Bank Group involving high level summary on the foreign investment considerations in Ethiopia.
- Assisting the Incorporation of CEEC Commercial Representative Office, a Chinese Energy Engineering Company.
- Collaborated in providing a status report to the American Bar Association on the current state of affairs revolving around renewable energy.
- Collaborated in assessing the status of introducing holding companies as a possible corporate structure for Heineken SC.
- Assisted the Clinton Giustra Enterprise Partnership (CGEP) in implementing a pilot project in Ethiopia.
- Assisting the Incorporation of Zembil Distribution PLC, a local company engaged in the wholesale business.
- Assisting Tetra Tech, an American Consulting firm working on the Power Africa Project in Ethiopia, in relation to facilitating Business Visa, Work Permit and Residence Permit.
- Assisting BASF, the largest Chemical Producer in the world, regarding manufacturing laws of the country.
- Assisting in Trademark search and registration for Four Seasons Hotel and Resorts, Cold Stone Creamery and PTA Bank.
- Assisting JETRO (Japan External Trade Organization) in relation to their on-going projects in Ethiopia.
- Assisting LIXIL on investment laws particularly on manufacturing, incorporation and liquidation.
- Assisted the World Bank group in the preparation of Doing Business Report of the 2019.
- Assisted the Dubai Chamber of Commerce and Industry in changing the General Manager of their Ethiopian Office.
- Assisted PWC (Pricewaterhouse Coopers) in a change of General Manager and processed a work permit for their staffs.
- Assisted PVH, BASF, Boortmalt, Rockstone, Samsung, Splash International, Vandenbos, Enel Green Power and others by handling assignments of different nature.