WOSSENYELEH TIGU | CONSULTANT AND ATTORNEY AT LAW
Mr. Wossenyeleh Tigu is a consultant and attorney at law with more than 25 years of legal expertise in transport, telecom, construction and insurance sectors. At MTA, Wossen leads transactions involving the telecom, real estate, construction, transport and logistics sectors. Wossen is also a litigator representing clients before judicial and ad-hoc tribunals.
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- Ethiopian Lawyers Association
- 1989 Bachelor of Laws (LLB), Addis Ababa University
2014- Present Consultant and Attorney-At-Law
2012- 2013 Division Manager, Insurance and Claims, the Ethiopian Shipping and Logistics Services Enterprise
2010 - 2012 Head, Legal and Insurance Service, the Ethiopian Shipping and Logistics Services Enterprise
2008- 2010 Head, Legal Services - MIDROC Construction Ethiopia P.L.C
1999 - 2008 Head, Legal Service and Director of Legal and Consumer Affairs, Ethiopian Telecommunication Agency
1989 - 1999 Legal Expert, Ministry of Transport and Communications
AREAS OF EXPERTISE
- IT &Telecom
- Transport & Logistics
- Construction & Real Estate
- Banking & Finance
- Advising Standard Chartered Bank (SCB) in connection with the provision new product services to the Ethiopian market. to their new product
- Acting for a client in connection with the acquisition of shares of Ethiopian Shipping and Logistics Services Enterprise
- Advising Newmont Mining Corporate in connection with its investment in an Ethiopian mining company.
- Acting for Radisson Blu Hotels in connection with its investments and corporate structuring in Ethiopia.
- Acting for Chinese Development Bank and EXIM Bank in connection with vendor financing arrangements with Ethio-Telecom.
- Acting for Chinese EXIM bank in relation to holding and processing security over long term loan to the Ethiopian Airlines Hangar Project.
- Advising Microsoft in relation to queries on data storing, data security and privacy and telecom licensing
- Advising MTN on an internal company issues in Ethiopia
- Advising ROM Transportation Engineering Ltd in relation to its consultancy on the Addis Abeba Parking project.
- Advising Samsung Africa in connection with investment in the telecom and IT sectors in Ethiopia.
- Advising Heineken in connection with new investments and expansions of their products in Ethiopia.
- Advising the London School of Economics and Political Science in connection with employment related issues in Ethiopia.
- Advising Voltalia as a potential ESCO in Ethiopia
- Advising Marie Stopes International Ethiopia (MSIE) on it different transactions and entity structure
- Advising Sky Aircraft Leasing Company in relation to its aircraft lease dealing with the Ethiopian Airlines.
- Advising Schulze Global Investments in relation to their potential real estate investment
- Representing Schulze Global Investments, Oxford Amagalmated PLC and University of South Africa in court and arbitration litigation proceedings.